top of page

NoFap

Public·38 members

Having played a lot of RPG games in my time, I've often thought about how life is like a video game, and started a forum post about this a few years ago in order to provide a helpful way for gamers to look at life, in order to do well and enjoy real life: https://www.inspirationparadise.org/forum/success/life-a-first-person-virtual-reality-massively-multiplayer-role-playing-game

While thinking about this, I've always kept thinking about how characters in games appear to be fearless. But today I've realise something that I hadn't thought of before...

Regarding men, I believe that the courage of a video game character to do amazing / scary things without hesitation is what testosterone does to a man in real life as he builds testosterone.

In this framework I say that God is the one 'playing' all of us, and that our essential identity is actually Him, when we strip our character (ego) away. This is similar to what Ramana Maharshi says and Rupert Spira.

So essentially what I'm saying is that in real life, the more testosterone we have, the more able we are to do things that are amazing, scary, and important.

The other side of this hypothesis = the less testosterone we have, the more we become like an NPC (a non-playable character).

NPCs are stuck in a fixed behaviour-pattern and I believe that in real life there is a spectrum of NPC-ness. This corresponds with Spiral Dynamics and the Levels of Energy because at the bottom of these two models, the people are in almost-inescapable behaviour patterns, both physical and psychological.

About

Welcome to the group! Connect with other members, get updates and share media.
bottom of page